Chicago Family Health Center offers drive-through and walk-up COVID-19 testing
The new testing site is located in the parking lot of CFHC South Chicago, 9119 S. Exchange. Testing will be by appointment only and all current and new patients who wish to be tested MUST CALL 773-768-5001 for pre-screening and scheduling. If you do not have a car, a walk-up system will also be in place for patients with appointments.
Testing is done during regular clinic hours, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
You can get tested if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms (you will be evaluated when you call)
- Have had contact with someone CONFIRMED to have COVID-19
- Have a compromised immune system or a serious chronic medical condition such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma or obesity
- Work in a health care facility
- Work in a correctional facility, such as jails or prisons
- Are a first responder such as a paramedic, emergency medical technician, law enforcement officer or firefighter
- Work in a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurant, gas station, public utility, factory, childcare and sanitation facility
WHAT DOES COVID-19 TESTING CONSIST OF?
A small swab (like a q-Tip) will be placed in your nose to obtain a mucous sample. This does not hurt but it may feel uncomfortable and possibly make you sneeze or cough.
IS COVID-19 TESTING AT CFHC FREE?
COVID-19 testing is covered and will be billed to your insurance. If you do not have insurance, government agencies are ensuring that you DO NOT incur any cost for COVID-19 testing and visits.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT for testing. Call 773-768-5001 for an evaluation and to schedule your test
- For your safety and the safety of staff, always follow directions at the testing site
- You must wear a mask when you come for testing
- Anyone who is tested for COVID-19 must self-isolate until you receive your test results.
- If you take public transportation to get tested, keep your mask on until you get home