COVID-19 at Chicago Family Health Center
As we start resuming our regular activities like going to a restaurant or visiting family and friends, please consider getting a COVID-19 test to ensure the safety of those around you. CFHC offers COVID-19 testing at all its sites to anyone who wants to be tested.
Drive through testing is also available at South Chicago, 9119 S. Exchange and beginning July 1, at Pullman, 570 E. 115th St. Testing is done by appointment only. Call 773-768-5001 for pre-screening and scheduling. You do NOT need to be a CFHC patient to get tested. COVID-19 testing is covered by insurance and Medicaid and if you do not have insurance you will NOT incur any cost for COVID-19 testing and visits.
WHAT DOES COVID-19 TESTING CONSIST OF? A small swab (like a q-Tip) will be placed in your nose to obtain a mucous sample. This does not hurt but it may feel uncomfortable and possibly make you sneeze or cough.
Testing is done during regular clinic hours, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
HAVE YOU PARTICIPATED IN RECENT PROTESTS AND RALLIES?
We recommend you get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible and quarantine yourself until you receive your results. CFHC offers testing at all its sites by appointment only. Call 773-768-5001 to schedule your test.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT for testing. Call 773-768-5001 for an evaluation and to schedule your test
- For your safety and the safety of staff, always follow directions at the testing site
- You must wear a mask when you come for testing
- Anyone who is tested for COVID-19 must self-isolate until you receive your test results.
- If you take public transportation to get tested, keep your mask on until you get home