South Side Healthy Community Organization
CFHC is excited to be part of the South Side Healthy Community Organization (SSHCO), a coalition of FQHCs, safety net hospitals and health systems driven by community input and dedicated to advancing health care access and equity and improve health outcomes for Chicago’s South Side residents. The project, which is supported and funded by the State of Illinois, is now an officially incorporated organization led by a Board of Directors Chaired by Rashard Johnson, President of Advocate Trinity and Advocate South Suburban Hospitals with Vice Chair, Barrett Hatches, CFHC CEO. SSHCO has also launched a CEO search. The coalition is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that will facilitate healthcare transformation on Chicago’s South Side, in partnership with the community. The key issues SSHCO will address include:
- Access to more physicians who reflect the community.
- A focus on social determinants of health including lack of access to nutritious food, and transportation challenges that hinder preventative healthcare on a regular basis.
- Educational resources including health workers going deep into communities to provide information and support.
- Enhanced care coordination among clinics and hospitals to bridge gaps between systems of care and provide better shared decision-making.
- Better access to specialists, especially mental health services, maternal and infant healthcare, and chronic disease management.
Visit the South Side Healthy Community Organization Website.