Our mission is to improve the health, wellness, and recovery of individuals and families who are at risk of substance use problems, as well as to promote healthy and safe communities.
Chicago Family Health Center (CFHC) believes in an integrated, person-centered approach that allows the patients to drive their own recovery with the support of the treatment team: the medical provider, the behavioral health provider, and the care navigators.
Medication Assisted Recovery (MAR) Program
- Any patients who have opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder
- Cannot have active prescription for Benzodiazepine or Barbiturates
- Not necessary to detox prior to initiating services
- Willingness to provide accurate information for continuity of care
- Willingness to actively participate in treatment
What FDA-approved medications are being offered?
- Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone)
*We also offer Narcan and Fentanyl Test Kits for overdose prevention.
How do I get started?
Referrals can be made directly by contacting a member of our MAR team. Walk-ins are also welcome.
What can I expect when beginning treatment?
- Pre-Screen: by phone or in-person to gather information and determine if our program is appropriate for you.
- Full Assessment: speak to a member of the MAR team to complete intake forms, alcohol and drug assessments, and level of care.
- Referral if necessary: if higher level of care is needed the client will be provided alternative resources for treatment and support.
Is this a medication-only program?
CFHC MAR program highly encourages participation in behavioral health and supportive services offered by our treatment team including individual counseling, case management, and community recovery support.